Saturday, July 16, 2011

Downgraded ShopSite Templates

I often get requests for features that are built into newer versions of ShopSite, but are from merchants who are running an older version of ShopSite for some reason or another.  In those cases I will take a ShopSite template and downgrade it to work in a lower version.  I have done this for many merchants, and in many cases I downgrade the same template multiple times.  I have decided that since there is a small demand for this type of work, I will ofter some pre-downgraded/modified templates on my website, http://www.laurenhillsdesign.com, that ShopSite merchants will be able to purchase at a lower price than having me do it individually for each merchant. 

The most common request that I get is for global side navigation bars. For downgraded templates I setup an include file where merchants can add their own links for the left navigation bar that will appear on all pages.  I have added the first of these downgraded templates.  It is available for version 10 stores using the 3Column template (themes using this template include 3Column, Bookend, Soft, Base Format and Square).  You can purchase this template at the following URL:
http://laurenhillsdesign.com/3column-v10-theme-downgraded-for-navigation.html

No comments:

Post a Comment