Friday, July 1, 2011

Hype, It's Infectious

Have you ever noticed that things that other people are excited about, you get excited about?  When a small crowd of people starts causing noise and gathering tight, all the people within range are drawn to the small crowd.  Everyone wants to see what the fuss is about.  Everyone wants to be part of the excitement.  Advertising your business should not be any different. If you are excited about your business, show your excitement   Make your customers excited about your business.  When your customers are excited about your business they will want to tell their friends. I have a few personal experiences in this area.

It was my sister-in-laws birthday, so I had ordered her some new flower pot boxes.  They are these wooden boxes that look great on the patio with her plants in them.  When the boxes came, they came with a little note about how no thumbs were injured in the building of those boxes.  I smiled when I saw that and I shared that little note with my family and friends. That tiny little note was probably an after-thought for this company to add in.  It was probably just part of their routine by now, but it was funny and unique, and made it so that I remembered that company and wanted to talk about that company with my family. 

Another experience had to deal with a merchant I was helping build a website for. She sells homeopathic oils and solutions. She got into this business 15 or so years earlier when she was at a point where she had no options.  She did her own research, came across these oils, and they worked wonders for her.  She became so passionate about the results that she saw that she was able to build a thriving business off of it.  She still helps many people and gets people interested in her business just based off of how excited she is  about the product.  

I am starting to take these examples and implement them in my own business.  I build websites for merchants.  I'm working on my skills with design and at creating graphics, and I've already grown my skills with clean coding, quick load speeds, and enhancing the sales and traffic on a website.  I've become good at this because I am interested in it.  I research new methods, new techniques, what works for competitors, etc.  I am just starting to show my excitement about this booming online industry by passing on some of my knowledge about the subject to anyone who wants to listen and to anyone who is on the same path I am on. I want others to be excited about testing new processes on their website and trying new ideas to improve their website. 

No comments:

Post a Comment