Saturday, July 9, 2011

Heeding My Own Advice

It has been a few days since my last post; clearly I am not heeding my own advice.  I do believe that in order to keep your customers (or clients) coming back to your website is by making your website more of a community where they want to check back in to see what is going on.  So with that said, I will let you know what I am looking at doing in the next few months.

First, I am looking at redesigning my website.  I think that it needs to have less "fluff" and more information links so that finding information is quick and easy.  

Second, I am going to begin offering pre-built templates for ShopSite.  There are other companies who do this, two being MerchantCorner.com with their SproutCommerce templates, and SD360.com and their page of pre-built ShopSite templates.  I have had pre-built templates on my website in the past, but since I was not as good at design as these other companies, I struggled selling against them.  This time around I am better at design and coding, and I am doing things differently.  I will be specializing my templates to utilize nearly all the ShopSite features.  I will be optimizing the templates so that they are SEO friendly and setup for the merchant to add a lot of Search Engine Optimized content/layout (such as repeating page descriptions at the bottom of the page in small print, as well as providing a list of product links in the footer specific to each page).  My new layouts will focus on being clean and well organized, putting all the elements that I discuss on this blog into use such as large brightly colored call-to-action buttons, sleek information layout, and easy navigation.

Third, I am going to continue to build my client and customer base on this blog, Facebook and Twitter by providing regular posts of information and tips for the world of ecommerce as well as provide more information on my website for Do-It-Yourself web design such as favicons, SEO basics, and more. 

I hope that you stay posted to see these new changes on my website, as well as the additional free information and online resources that I will be adding.

No comments:

Post a Comment